Sunday 2 May 2010

Half A Million intro [remake]

We made a film for Sci-Fi London 48 Hour Film Challenge 2010. The results were shockingly poor - looking back the decision to shoot everything on bluescreen & model all the locations in Blender within the 48 hours was a bit ambitious and should have rung a few alarm bells, and although the live shoot went smoothly post-production was completely rushed. The film will eventually be uploaded at Sci-Fi London & I'll link to it when it appears.

This is not that film.

Here I've completely re-made the first few shots using the original bluescreen footage - took a few nights but the clip you are now watching is closer to how the film appeared in my head.

With thanks to the wonderful cast and crew.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FWIW, I think the blue screen looks great in this clip, and I like the music. You just needed more time than 48 hours to do something so ambitious.

Sci-Fi Gene said...

Molly, thanks for your comment, and yes, exactly, couldn't have put it better myself. There's always next year...